- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans, optional
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Add to creamed mixture, just until combined. Stir in the oats, raisins and pecans if desired.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a greased glass bottom.
- Bake at 350° for 10-11 minutes or until golden brown. Do not overbake. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Sort By :
"Delicious cookie and easy to make!"
"Delicious! I used butter instead of shortening. I also reduced the sugar. Mine did not look like the picture, but they were still delicious. I will definitely be making these again. A great recipe."
"It turned out to be more of a cake type of a cookie."
"These are good cookies, I prefer them a bit chewier but still they are great!"
"We used half the sugar and they were still delightfully sweet."