Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Recipe
I was given this recipe by a friend many years ago, and these cookies are as delicious as Mom used to make. The secret to this recipe is to measure exactly (no guessing on the amounts) and to not overbake. —Wendy Coalwell, Abbeville, Georgia
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Add to creamed mixture, just until combined. Stir in the oats, raisins and pecans if desired.
- 2. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a greased glass bottom.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 10-11 minutes or until golden brown. Do not overbake. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
2 cookies equals 275 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 247 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC