Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Mix Recipe
You'll love the old-fashioned taste of these chewy raisin-studded cookies shared by Merwyn Garbini. "I tie a jar of this layered mix with a petty ribbon and give it as a housewarming gift or when a mom has a new baby," comments the Tucson, Arizona cook.
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients; set aside. In a 1-qt. glass container, layer brown sugar, sugar, raisins and oats, packing well between each layer. Top with reserved flour mixture. Cover and store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 1 batch (about 4 cups).
- To prepare cookies: In a bowl, cream the butter. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add cookie mix and mix well. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 5 dozen per batch.
Originally published as Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Mix in Quick Cooking January/February 2001, p14
Reviews for Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Mix(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 1, 2011
quick and easy very delicious and were great with ice cream