Oatmeal Raisin Bars Recipe
These bars are so popular with my family that I have to hide them if they're bound for a buffet! I got the recipe from a farm wife with growing boys. I always make plenty, because even this big batch disappears quickly around our house.—Annie Beilers, Leola, Pennsylvania
- 9-1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 5 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups raisins
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- 1-1/2 pounds marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; set aside. In a large saucepan over low heat, cook and stir marshmallow and butter until smooth. Add honey, oil and peanut butter; mix well. Pour over cereal mixture; toss to coat. Pour into two greased 13-in. x 9-in. pans; press firmly and evenly. Cool. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 267 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 116 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Oatmeal Raisin Bars
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC