Oatmeal Raisin Bars Recipe
- 9-1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 5 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups raisins
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- 1-1/2 pounds marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; set aside. In a large saucepan over low heat, cook and stir marshmallow and butter until smooth. Add honey, oil and peanut butter; mix well. Pour over cereal mixture; toss to coat. Pour into two greased 13-in. x 9-in. pans; press firmly and evenly. Cool. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 each: 267 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 116mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Oatmeal Raisin Bars
"I made these for our cross country team because of the higher protein count. They loved them. It gets gooey working with melted marshmallows but well worth it."