These bars are so popular with my family that I have to hide them if they're bound for a buffet! I got the recipe from a farm wife with growing boys. I always make plenty, because even this big batch disappears quickly around our house.—Annie Beilers, Leola, Pennsylvania
Recommended: 39 Amazing Ways to Love Whole Grains
- 9-1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 5 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups raisins
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- 1-1/2 pounds marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; set aside. In a large saucepan over low heat, cook and stir marshmallow and butter until smooth. Add honey, oil and peanut butter; mix well. Pour over cereal mixture; toss to coat. Pour into two greased 13-in. x 9-in. pans; press firmly and evenly. Cool. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Oatmeal Raisin Bars in Taste of Home August/September 1996, p54
Reviews for Oatmeal Raisin Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 29, 2012
"I made these for our cross country team because of the higher protein count. They loved them. It gets gooey working with melted marshmallows but well worth it."