Oatmeal Raisin Bars Recipe
These bars are so popular with my family that I have to hide them if they're bound for a buffet! I got the recipe from a farm wife with growing boys. I always make plenty, because even this big batch disappears quickly around our house.—Annie Beilers, Leola, Pennsylvania
- 9-1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 5 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups raisins
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- 1-1/2 pounds marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; set aside. In a large saucepan over low heat, cook and stir marshmallow and butter until smooth. Add honey, oil and peanut butter; mix well. Pour over cereal mixture; toss to coat. Pour into two greased 13-in. x 9-in. pans; press firmly and evenly. Cool. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Oatmeal Raisin Bars in Taste of Home August/September 1996, p54
Reviews for Oatmeal Raisin Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 29, 2012
I made these for our cross country team because of the higher protein count. They loved them. It gets gooey working with melted marshmallows but well worth it.