Oatmeal Pie Recipe
This delicious pie recipe came from my mother. My husband especially enjoys it during the holidays. I have shared the pie crust with many others because it's flaky and so easy to roll out. We even use it at our children's school when apple pies are made for a fund-raiser.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light or dark corn syrup
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 package (3 ounces) pecan halves
- 1. In a large bowl, combine sugar, corn syrup, oats, coconut, butter, eggs and vanilla. Pour into crust. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes. Arrange pecans on top of pie; bake 30 minutes more or until well browned. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 477 calories, 30g fat (13g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 272mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Oatmeal Pie
Reviewed Nov. 19, 2011
"so simple to make and oh so good! :D"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC