Oatmeal Pecan Pie Recipe
This is a delightful twist on a Southern favorite.—Sue Draheim, Waterford, Wisconsin
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and sugars. Gradually whisk in the corn syrup, milk, butter, vanilla and salt. Stir in pecans, oats and coconut. Pour into pastry shell.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean (cover edges loosely with foil if necessary to prevent overbrowning). Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 629 calories, 36 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 222 mg sodium, 75 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC