Oatmeal Pecan Pie
This is a delightful twist on a Southern favorite.—Sue Draheim, Waterford, Wisconsin
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Dash salt
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and sugars. Gradually whisk in the
- corn syrup, milk, butter, vanilla and salt. Stir in pecans, oats and
- coconut. Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the
- center comes out clean (cover edges loosely with foil if necessary
- to prevent overbrowning). Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 629 calories, 36 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 222 mg sodium, 75 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein.