- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a bowl, cream shortening and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in oats and nuts. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 7 dozen.
Originally published as Oatmeal Pecan Cookies in Taste of Home October/November 1997, p54
Reviews for Oatmeal Pecan Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2017
"Jimmy liked these."
Reviewed Nov. 20, 2012
"This is my go-to oatmeal cookie recipe. It's the absolute perfect balance between crispy and chewy. I've made this recipe many, many times and gotten rave reviews everytime!"