- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a bowl, cream shortening and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in oats and nuts. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 7 dozen.
Originally published as Oatmeal Pecan Cookies in Taste of Home October/November 1997, p54
Reviews for Oatmeal Pecan Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 20, 2012
This is my go-to oatmeal cookie recipe. It's the absolute perfect balance between crispy and chewy. I've made this recipe many, many times and gotten rave reviews everytime!