This present will be welcomed by anyone who enjoys homemade cookies. The mix is simple to prepare and the results are yummy. I enjoy decorating the jar lids with fabric. As a finishing touch, I tie on a tag with baking instructions. —Bev Woodcock, Kingston, Ontario
Featured In: 14 Cookie Mix Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda and baking powder. In a 1-qt. glass jar, layer flour mixture, brown sugar, oats, pecans and rice cereal, packing well between each layer. Cover and store in a cool dry place up to 6 months. Yield: 1 batch (about 4 cups total).
- To make cookies: Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually add cookie mix.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Oat Pecan Cookie Mix in Country Woman November/December 2003, p29