Oatmeal Pecan Bars Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup cold butter
- 1 can (15 ounces) coconut-pecan frosting
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar and baking soda. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside 2 cups for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set.
- 2. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat frosting for 30-45 seconds or until softened; stir well. Spread over crust. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and pecans. Top with reserved crumb mixture.
- 3. Bake for 14-18 minutes or until frosting is bubbly and top is golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack; cut into squares. Yield: 40 servings.
1 each: 188 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 100mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Oatmeal Pecan Bars
"Love these bars...so easy to make and I have most the ingredients in my pantry. They are a hit with my co workers."