Oatmeal Pecan Bars
These chewy bars took first place in the bar cookie division at our country fair in 2001. Topping them with a coconut-pecan frosting is a tasty twist.
40 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup cold butter
- 1 can (15 ounces) coconut-pecan frosting
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar and baking
- soda. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside
- 2 cups for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into a greased
- 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 8-10
- minutes or until set.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat frosting for 30-45 seconds or until
- softened; stir well. Spread over crust. Sprinkle with chocolate
- chips and pecans. Top with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake for 14-18 minutes or until frosting is bubbly and top is golden
- brown. Cool completely on a wire rack; cut into squares. Yield: 40
Nutritional Facts: 1 pecan bar equals 188 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 100 mg sodium,