Oatmeal Pecan Bars Recipe
These chewy bars took first place in the bar cookie division at our country fair in 2001. Topping them with a coconut-pecan frosting is a tasty twist.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling YIELD:40 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup cold butter
- 1 can (15 ounces) coconut-pecan frosting
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar and baking soda. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside 2 cups for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set.
- 2. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat frosting for 30-45 seconds or until softened; stir well. Spread over crust. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and pecans. Top with reserved crumb mixture.
- 3. Bake for 14-18 minutes or until frosting is bubbly and top is golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack; cut into squares. Yield: 40 servings.
1 pecan bar equals 188 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 100 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC