Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies
"These cookies are soft and chewy with the old-fashioned goodness of oatmeal and peanut butter," says Rollin Barkeim of Trempealeau, Wisconsin. "I take them to work and on camping trips since they travel very well."
36 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites and brown sugar until frothy. Beat
- in peanut butter, applesauce, honey and vanilla. Combine the oats,
- flour, milk powder and baking soda; gradually add to peanut butter
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with
- cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until golden
- brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 5 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (2 cookies) equals 114 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 127 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.