"These cookies are soft and chewy with the old-fashioned goodness of oatmeal and peanut butter," says Rollin Barkeim of Trempealeau, Wisconsin. "I take them to work and on camping trips since they travel very well."
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites and brown sugar until frothy. Beat in peanut butter, applesauce, honey and vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, milk powder and baking soda; gradually add to peanut butter mixture.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies in Light & Tasty April/May 2002, p50
Reviews for Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review