- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites and brown sugar until frothy. Beat in peanut butter, applesauce, honey and vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, milk powder and baking soda; gradually add to peanut butter mixture.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews forOatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies
"I love cookies with peanut butter in them. I decided to try these because I am trying to eat healthier, but LOVE cookies. This recipe isn't too bad considering it has no sugar in it. Also my daughter can eat as many as she would like of them and I don't really worry about all the sugar that is in normal cookies. Thank you for this great alternative. These are GREAT for a quick breakfast on the go!"
"Yummy!!!!! I didn't have skim milk powder so I just left it out completely. These cookies are fantastic!! Chewy, moist, and just the right flavour!!"
"If I don,t have nonfat dry milk powder what can I substitute?"