Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chip Cookies Recipe
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin reader Sandra Castillo stores balls of this cookie dough in the freezer, so home-baked cookies are just minutes away.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + freezing Bake: 20 min. YIELD:15 servings
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup peanut butter chips or Reese's pieces
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in raisins and candy. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Cover and freeze.
- 2. Transfer frozen cookie dough balls to a large resealable plastic freezer bag. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- 3. To use frozen cookie dough: Place dough balls 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 348 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 208 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC