Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chip Cookies Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup peanut butter chips or Reese's pieces
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in raisins and candy. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Cover and freeze.
- 2. Transfer frozen cookie dough balls to a large resealable plastic freezer bag. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- 3. To use frozen cookie dough: Place dough balls 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 348 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 208mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
"Dough was very hard to work with. Cookies came out way too crispy. I made them to send to one of my sons. I hesitate even mailing them out. SJS9"
"Dough not easy to work with. I wanted to use right away. I would recommend adding peanut butter also. Cookies kind of dry."
"I added some peanut butter and baked them immediately. They are delicious!"
"Yummy! I made them for a party and everyone raved about them. FYI ~ If you do not want to freeze the dough, bake each batch at 350 for 11 minutes.~ Theresa"