- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup peanut butter chips or Reese's pieces
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in raisins and candy. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Cover and freeze.
- Transfer frozen cookie dough balls to a large resealable plastic freezer bag. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen cookie dough: Place dough balls 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
"Dough was very hard to work with. Cookies came out way too crispy. I made them to send to one of my sons. I hesitate even mailing them out. SJS9"
"Dough not easy to work with. I wanted to use right away. I would recommend adding peanut butter also. Cookies kind of dry."
"I added some peanut butter and baked them immediately. They are delicious!"
"Yummy! I made them for a party and everyone raved about them. FYI ~ If you do not want to freeze the dough, bake each batch at 350 for 11 minutes.~ Theresa"