Oatmeal Pancakes Recipe
These pancakes were served for a fund-raiser at our church many years ago. We fed about 140 people and had a lot of fun. The buttermilk syrup is a nice change from maple syrup.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 cup instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- BUTTERMILK SYRUP:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. In another bowl, beat eggs, buttermilk and oil; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until blended. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is golden. Meanwhile, for syrup, combine sugar, butter and corn syrup in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil and stir for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the heat; stir in buttermilk and vanilla. Let stand 5 minutes. Stir; serve with pancakes. Yield: 16 pancakes (about 1-1/2 cups syrup).
1 serving (4 each) equals 775 calories, 32 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 145 mg cholesterol, 689 mg sodium, 108 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 21 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC