"This recipe yields just a short stack of oat pancakes that's perfect for one or two," reports Florence Groves of Vancouver, Washington. "When we used to travel in our motor home, I'd measure out the dry ingredients for individual batches in resealable bags, then just combine with an egg, buttermilk and butter for a quick meal."
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a bowl, combine the oats, flour, baking soda and sugar. Combine the egg, buttermilk and butter; stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown. Yield: 7 pancakes.
Originally published as Oatmeal Pancakes in Taste of Home December/January 2002, p11
Reviews for Oatmeal Pancakes for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review