Oatmeal Pancakes Recipe
These pancakes were served for a fund-raiser at our church many years ago. We fed about 140 people and had a lot of fun. The buttermilk syrup is a nice change from maple syrup.
- 1 cup King Arthur Premium 100% Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 cup instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- BUTTERMILK SYRUP:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. In another bowl, beat eggs, buttermilk and oil; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until blended. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is golden. Meanwhile, for syrup, combine sugar, butter and corn syrup in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil and stir for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the heat; stir in buttermilk and vanilla. Let stand 5 minutes. Stir; serve with pancakes. Yield: 16 pancakes (about 1-1/2 cups syrup).
Originally published as Oatmeal Pancakes in Country February/March 1998, p51
Reviews for Oatmeal Pancakes(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review