Oatmeal Nut Waffles Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Sliced fresh peaches, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Combine eggs, milk, butter and honey; stir into dry ingredients and mix well. Fold in oats and nuts.
- 2. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Garnish with peaches if desired. Yield: 8-10 waffles (about 6-3/4 inches).
1 each: 332 calories, 19g fat (6g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 353mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 12g protein
Reviews for Oatmeal Nut Waffles
"We LOVE these waffles. And that includes my kids. I have been making this recipe for years. Hearty, nutty (sometimes I use chopped nuts, other times nut flour), flavorful. I originally found this in one of the Taste Of Home cookbooks from the early 2000's."
"Would need to alter if used again, was a little boring"