Oatmeal Nut Waffles Recipe
When I found this recipe in a church cookbook early in my marriage, I was eager to try it. It was an immediate success and has been a family favorite ever since. I even serve these hearty waffles for a different kind of supper.
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Sliced fresh peaches, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Combine eggs, milk, butter and honey; stir into dry ingredients and mix well. Fold in oats and nuts.
- 2. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Garnish with peaches if desired. Yield: 8-10 waffles (about 6-3/4 inches).
1 serving (1 each) equals 332 calories, 19 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 353 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 12 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC