- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Sliced fresh peaches, optional
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Combine eggs, milk, butter and honey; stir into dry ingredients and mix well. Fold in oats and nuts.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Garnish with peaches if desired. Yield: 8-10 waffles (about 6-3/4 inches).
Reviews for Oatmeal Nut Waffles
Sort By :
"We LOVE these waffles. And that includes my kids. I have been making this recipe for years. Hearty, nutty (sometimes I use chopped nuts, other times nut flour), flavorful. I originally found this in one of the Taste Of Home cookbooks from the early 2000's."
"Would need to alter if used again, was a little boring"