Oatmeal Nut Waffles Recipe
When I found this recipe in a church cookbook early in my marriage, I was eager to try it. It was an immediate success and has been a family favorite ever since. I even serve these hearty waffles for a different kind of supper.
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Premium 100% Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Sliced fresh peaches, optional
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Combine eggs, milk, butter and honey; stir into dry ingredients and mix well. Fold in oats and nuts.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Garnish with peaches if desired. Yield: 8-10 waffles (about 6-3/4 inches).
Originally published as Oatmeal Nut Waffles in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p40
Reviews for Oatmeal Nut Waffles(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review