Oatmeal Nut Cookies
A friend gave me this recipe many years ago, and it's since become a family favorite. I love the aroma of these cookies as they're baking.
60 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, baking soda and
- salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in walnuts
- and raisins.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake
- at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire
- racks to cool. Yield: 5 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 95 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 64 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.