A friend gave me this recipe many years ago, and it's since become a family favorite. I love the aroma of these cookies as they're baking.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in walnuts and raisins.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Oatmeal Raisin Cookies in Country Extra January 2004, p49
Reviews for Oatmeal Nut Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review