Oatmeal Molasses Crisps Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 5 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup dark molasses
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4-3/4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in molasses and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Transfer to a larger bowl if necessary. Stir in oats and pecans.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are firm. Cool for 3 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 15 dozen.
2 each: 150 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 139mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Oatmeal Molasses Crisps
"My family fell in love with these cookies, the molasses is a great replacement for brown sugar and the hint of cinnamon is wonderful."