Oatmeal Molasses Crisps Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 5 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup dark molasses
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4-3/4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in molasses and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Transfer to a larger bowl if necessary. Stir in oats and pecans.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are firm. Cool for 3 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 15 dozen.
2 each: 150 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 139mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Oatmeal Molasses Crisps
"My family fell in love with these cookies, the molasses is a great replacement for brown sugar and the hint of cinnamon is wonderful."