- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 package (5 ounces) dried cranberries
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in molasses and vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in walnuts, chips and cranberries.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 6 dozen.
Originally published as Oatmeal Jumble Cookies in Country Extra September 2004, p51
Reviews for Oatmeal Jumble Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 17, 2012
"May not need to bake them the full 10 minutes. Delicious! I love the combination of flavors. Tastes like a homemade granola bar. A nice hardy cookie to ship overseas :)"
Reviewed Dec. 14, 2011
"Great recipe. Makes a bunch!~ Theresa"