- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- In a bowl, cream shortening and sugars. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in the chips and pecans.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 3 in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- To make ice cream sandwiches, place a scoop of ice cream on the bottom of half of the cookies. Top with remaining cookies; wrap in plastic wrap. Place on a baking sheet; freeze. Yield: about 2 dozen sandwiches.
Originally published as Oatmeal Ice Cream Sandwiches in Taste of Home June/July 2000, p47
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Oatmeal Ice Cream Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 16, 2013
"Very good cookie recipe. The ice cream makes it even better."