Oatmeal Gingersnaps Recipe
I always get compliments on these delicious chewy cookies. The spicy aroma fills my kitchen when they're baking and never fails to set a warm holiday mood. —Sherry Harke, South Bend, Indiana
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch YIELD:42 servings
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Additional sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and molasses. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Roll into 1-in. balls; roll in additional sugar.
- 2. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until set (do not overbake). Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 68 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 46 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC