I've been using this recipe for more than 25 years, so I don't have to tell you how much my family likes it! Whole wheat flour and oats make these crisp yet chewy cookies a hearty around-the-clock snack.
Recommended: 30 Perfectly Sweet Snacks
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped dates
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, baking, soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in raisins, walnuts, coconut and dates.
- Roll into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 14-16 minutes or until edges are firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Oatmeal Fruit Cookies in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p70
Reviews for Oatmeal Fruit Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review