Oatmeal Crispies Recipe
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, baking soda, salt nutmeg and cinnamon and mix well; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a fork. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 5-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Oatmeal Crispies(4)
Sort By :
Really nice flavor - I used half butter and half butter-flavored shortening - this will be a cookie recipe that I keep handy!
really good; pretty, too.
I have made these cookies many times, and my family loves them! This recipe is absolutely the best oatmeal cookie I've ever made!
Very good--I used half shortening and half butter.