Who wouldn't want to find a jar of this simply delicious cookie mix, loaded with cranberries, walnuts and shredded wheat, under their tree as a gift? Be sure to include a list of added ingredients and instructions for quick baking. Yum! —Sarah Wilson, Republic, Washington
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup Shredded Wheat, crushed
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. In a 1-qt. glass container, layer the flour mixture, sugar, brown sugar, oats, walnuts, cereal and cranberries. Cover and store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 1 batch (about 4 cups total).
- To prepare cookies: In a large bowl, beat the butter, egg, water and vanilla until blended. Add cookie mix and mix well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Oatmeal Cranberry Cookie Mix in Simple & Delicious November/December 2008, p37
Reviews for Oatmeal Cranberry Cookie Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review