Oatmeal Cranberry Breakfast Bake Recipe
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 3 cups fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Additional milk, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk together the egg whites, milk, oil and vanilla. Stir into the oat mixture just until moistened.
- Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until oats are tender and liquid is absorbed. Cut into bars. Serve in bowls with milk if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Oatmeal Cranberry Breakfast Bake
Sort By :
"Makes lovely little snack bars as well! I made this a little more traditional by soaking my oats over night with 2 cups water and 2 TBSP apple cider vinegar, along with 1/4 cup of coconut oil (in place of canola) and a couple TBSP of whole wheat flour (for phytase). In the morning I added 1 cup of whole milk and the rest of the ingredients. I also reduced the sugar to 1/3 cup of coconut sugar - the cranberries make it plenty sweet! It was delicious and my family loved it!"
"I love this recipe! I will bake it up, have a serving and then cut it into pieces and wrap individually in plastic wrap to reheat on weekday mornings. Very good. Also, it is easy to cut it in half and just make 6 servings."
"I made this recipe for the purpose of freezing the individual squares for quick, on the go breakfasts. The oatmeal tastes great and I love that its such an easy, hearty breakfast (making it ahead of time) that my family can use on busy mornings."
"I made this recipe for the purpose of freezing the squares individually for quick, on the go breakfasts. I love the taste and love that it is another recipe to make our morning faster! Will be making again!"
"I made this recipe especially so I could cut it up into squares and freeze individually for our busy mornings. I really enjoyed the taste and the fact that it is a portable option to oatmeal. I will be making this again and using some of the substitutions that the other reviewers mentioned."