Oatmeal Cranberry Breakfast Bake
I like to prepare this baked oatmeal on weekend mornings when I have a little extra time," says Angela Higinbotham of Willis, California. "Even guests who typically don't like oatmeal fill their bowls with this hearty version, flavored with dried cranberries, brown sugar and cinnamon."
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 3 cups fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Additional milk, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl,
- whisk together the egg whites, milk, oil and vanilla. Stir into the
- oat mixture just until moistened.
- Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake
- at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until oats are tender and liquid is
- absorbed. Cut into bars. Serve in bowls with milk if desired. Yield:
- 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece (calculated without additional milk) equals 230 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 253 mg sodium,