Oatmeal Cookie Mix
"This easy cookie mix was a faithful standby when we needed something quick for harvest lunches on the Nebraska farm where I grew up," recalls Mary Jane Cantrell of Turlock, California.
150 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup shortening
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional
- Combine the first five ingredients; cut in shortening until crumbly.
- Add oats and mix well. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry
- place for up to 6 months. Yield: 5 batches (10 cups total).
- To prepare cookies: In a bowl, combine 2 cups cookie mix, egg, milk
- and vanilla; mix well. Fold in chocolate chips and pecans if
- desired. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking
- sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen per batch.