Oatmeal Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches Recipe
If you're tight on time, you can use store-bought oatmeal cookies and dip them in melted chocolate, but I highly making these oatmeal chocolate cookies from scratch. The dessert sandwiches are sure to appeal to all ages. —Diane Halferty, Corpus Christi, Texas
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup finely chopped semisweet chocolate
- 3 cups dulce de leche ice cream, softened if necessary
- 1/4 cup brickle toffee bits
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in oats and chocolate.
- 2. Shape dough into twenty 1-1/4-in. balls. Place 2-1/2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly with bottom of a glass dipped in sugar, smoothing edges if necessary. Bake 10-13 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. To assemble, place about 1/4 cup ice cream on bottom of a cookie; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon toffee bits. Top with a second cookie, pressing gently to flatten ice cream. Place on a baking sheet; freeze overnight or until firm. Repeat with remaining cookies and ice cream. For longer storage, wrap frozen sandwiches individually and return to freezer. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Oatmeal Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC