Oatmeal-Cinnamon Muffins Recipe
This is my favorite recipe because it adapts so well to variations. To make these delicious muffins even more hearty, I sometimes add chopped apple, raisins or shredded carrots.
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- In a large bowl, combine oats and buttermilk; let stand 5 minutes. Stir in eggs. Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and baking soda; stir into oatmeal mixture just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 8-10 muffins.
Originally published as Oatmeal-Cinnamon Muffins in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p76
Reviews for Oatmeal-Cinnamon Muffins(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 29, 2010
I made mini muffins so maybe that's why, but these didn't have any flavor. My kids will be so disappointed to get them in their lunch.