Oatmeal Cinnamon Cookies
My family loves these big old-fashioned cookies. They’re crisp, yet still chewy in the center, and the cinnamon makes them a little different from typical oatmeal cookies.
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat
- in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon,
- baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix
- well. Stir in oats.
- Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking
- sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 208 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 196 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.