- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugars and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture and mix well. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Combine icing ingredients; drizzle over the top. Cool completely. Cut into bars. Yield: 3-4 dozen.
Reviews for Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars
"Will probably comment again after they're out of the oven! Just wanted to comment that I doubled the recipe and am baking them in a jelly roll pan. I'm not going to ice them, and I mixed the chocolate chips in with my flour mixture and added them all together. My grandmother always did that, saying that the flour coated the chips, helping them to distribute evenly throughout the dough! More after their baked! They smell heavenly!"
"Yum! Icing not needed."
"I've made these twice and plan on making them again. These are really delicious and super easy. I took an extended lunch break so I could bring to work for a an afternoon snack and they were a huge hit! I mixed dark chocolate chips in with the batter and no glaze. Used super chunky peanut butter too. Super good flavor."
"Nice flavor, but very dry."
"easy, quick and good! I read the other reviews about them being dry, so I decided to use 6 TBL canola oil. in place of the butter. Used 1/3 c sugars as others have done and like collyflower07 I only had old fashioned oats, so I put them in a food processor and pulsed a few times. Dough was crumbly, so I patted it down evenly with my hands,. I didn't make the icing, but as soon as I took them out of the oven, I swirled/spread the chocolate chips.YUM! Will definately make it this way again."
"These were very tasty. I prefer some crunch, so I like using chunky peanut butter in the bars and sprinkling chopped peanuts over top of the icing."