Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugars and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture and mix well. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Combine icing ingredients; drizzle over the top. Cool completely. Cut into bars. Yield: 3-4 dozen.
Reviews for Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars
Sort By :
"I'm not sure what went wrong for me with these ones. They seem to have gotten great reviews but mine are really dry. They were easy to make. I might give them another try."
"Great recipe!! Though I tweaked it to make half the quantity and eggless."
"I always sub something for the sugar. Applesauce is good, or make your own cranberry sauce and the like. Works for me."
"The original name of this recipe was "Peanut Butter Bars." It's been a favorite in our family since it was first published in TOH in 2/96. Don't change a thing; it's perfect as written. My two youngest kids got their fellow high school track team members hooked on them for a couple of years, so I had to make two pans of them every week for awhile. Also, a good bar to grab when you don't have time to eat breakfast."