Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugars and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture and mix well. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Combine icing ingredients; drizzle over the top. Cool completely. Cut into bars. Yield: 3-4 dozen.
Reviews for Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars
Sort By :
"These are very good and easy to make. I added a heaping 1/2 cup of peanut butter. Mine only needed to bake for 18 minutes and have stayed soft. Next time I might try subbing applesauce for some of the butter."
"Two stars because I expected a lot more from these bars after seeing all the 5 star ratings. Very bland and disappointing. I won't make them again. Must get 5 stars from people who never made a good peanut butter bar recipe and find these to be so good. I'll keep searching for a flavorful peanut butter bar recipe!"
"I made these bars a couple days ago and they are gone and that's with just 2 people eating on them! I added in white chocolate chips, peanut butter chips and toffee bits and they were so dang good and addictive! I have saved this recipe and will be making these forever more. Thank you for this delicious recipe!"
"These bars are OUT-OF-THIS-WORLD DELICIOUS!! I found this recipe online about 2 months ago and have made them 4 times already! Excellent recipe! I've made them for my family and co-workers and they were a hit with ALL!"
"Then family loved these--they were gone in no time! Easy to make too!"