- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugars and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture and mix well. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Combine icing ingredients; drizzle over the top. Cool completely. Cut into bars. Yield: 3-4 dozen.
Reviews for Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars
"These bar cookies were really good. I had a half package of cinnamon chips in the freezer so I added them mixed in with the chocolate chips to sprinkle on the top. Yum! I also added about a half cup of chocolate chips to the batter. Everyone loved them."
"I've made these twice and plan on making them again. These are really delicious and super easy. I took an extended lunch break so I could bring to work for a an afternoon snack and they were a huge hit! I mixed dark chocolate chips in with the batter and no glaze. Used super chunky peanut butter too. Super good flavor."
"Nice flavor, but very dry."
"Yummy! I put chocolate chips in the mixture rather then on top and left off the icing. It was perfect for us. Not overly sweet. Like eating a wonderful chunky soft chocolate chip/peanut butter cookie. Will definitely be making this again! Thank you, Patricia Staudt, for this recipe!"
"Easy, quick and good! I read the other reviews about them being dry, so I decided to use 6 TBL canola oil. in place of the butter. Used 1/3 c sugars as others have done and like collyflower07 I only had old fashioned oats, so I put them in a food processor and pulsed a few times. Dough was crumbly, so I patted it down evenly with my hands,. I didn't make the icing, but as soon as I took them out of the oven, I swirled/spread the chocolate chips.YUM! Will definately make it this way again."