Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars Recipe
Oatmeal, peanut butter and chocolate chips make these bars a big hit with kids of all ages. Since I always have these basic ingredients on hand, I can whip up a batch anytime. —Patricia Staudt, Marble Rock, Iowa
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugars and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture and mix well. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- 3. Combine icing ingredients; drizzle over the top. Cool completely. Cut into bars. Yield: 3-4 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 120 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 102 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC