- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugars and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture and mix well. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Combine icing ingredients; drizzle over the top. Cool completely. Cut into bars. Yield: 3-4 dozen.
Reviews for Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars
Sort By :
"These were very tasty. I prefer some crunch, so I like using chunky peanut butter in the bars and sprinkling chopped peanuts over top of the icing."
"The family loved them, however they felt chunky peanut butter would be better. I'll have to try that next time."
"These are great and super easy! My four sons and husband loved them!!!!!"
"Very tasty with good flavor and texture with the oats. I didn't do the icing and still enjoyed these."
"Made these bars today. Very good!!!! Husband says yes. Very moist. I did make more of an icing, instead of a glaze. I will be making again, maybe next week!!"