Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
These big crisp cookies are packed with lots of irresistible ingredients, so they appeal to everyone. When you put a plate of these cookies on the table, they disappear in a flash.
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 4 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Transfer to a larger bowl if necessary. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- 2. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 8 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 288 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 161 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC