Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars Recipe
This is a great recipe to have in your collection. All of the ingredients are common staples so you don't have to run out to the store to enjoy these chocolate chip-packed bars. --Peggy Fleming
- 1 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in molasses and vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans.
- 2. Spread in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 28-32 minutes or until golden brown and edges pull away from sides of pan. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 287 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 139 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC