- 1 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in molasses and vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Spread in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 28-32 minutes or until golden brown and edges pull away from sides of pan. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars
Sort By :
"I made these just the way the recipe was. Took these to a church function and came home with an empty pan. They were excellent and so easy to make! Plus it's made from things you have on hand at home."
"These bars came out very nice. I substituted honey for the molasses. We liked them."
"Made these and substituted honey for the molasses...they were good. Turned out golden brown and moist. Will make them again soon."
"These bars were just okay. Maybe there's too many oats? Just not great...too many other yummy treats on this great website to try.~ Theresa"
"These bars are really great and quick to put together. They're also a great way to use up that bottle of molasses I bought and didn't know what to do with!"