Oatmeal Chocolate Cake Recipe
I've had this recipe a long time. It's one of my family's favorite desserts, and I still make it often.
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 6 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the oats and boiling water. Let stand for 15 minutes or until cooled.
- 2. In another large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the oat mixture; mix well. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 4. Combine the topping ingredients; spoon over top of warm cake; broil about 4 in. from heat for 3-4 minutes, or until top is lightly browned. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 405 calories, 22 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 376 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Oatmeal Chocolate Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC