Oatmeal Chocolate Bars Recipe
"I made this dessert for eight ladies who recently stayed at our bed-and-breakfast, and they just raved about it," reports Mary Ann Meredith of Pittsford, Michigan. An oat crust is topped with chocolate and peanut butter, then sprinkled with crushed toffee candy bars.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min. + cooling YIELD:36 servings
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 4 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each), crushed
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until and fluffy. Beat in corn syrup and vanilla. Stir in oats; press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and peanut butter; stir until blended. Spread over cooled bars. Sprinkle with crushed candy bars. Chill until set; cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 161 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 57 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC