Oatmeal Chocolate Bars Recipe
"I made this dessert for eight ladies who recently stayed at our bed-and-breakfast, and they just raved about it," reports Mary Ann Meredith of Pittsford, Michigan. An oat crust is topped with chocolate and peanut butter, then sprinkled with crushed toffee candy bars.
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 4 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each), crushed
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until and fluffy. Beat in corn syrup and vanilla. Stir in oats; press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and peanut butter; stir until blended. Spread over cooled bars. Sprinkle with crushed candy bars. Chill until set; cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 161 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 57 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Oatmeal Chocolate Bars
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC