- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Chill dough for 1 hour or until firm.
- Roll dough into 1-1/2 in. balls; place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 11-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: about 7 dozen.
Reviews for Oatmeal Chip Cookies(21)
Sort By :
Excellent recipe! Very easy and makes lots!
These were a hit. I used half whole wheat flour and half all-pupose. It was such a large recipe that I split the dough in half and used chocolate chips for half and then butterscotch chips in the other half...both were great. I also added walnuts to both. I think that you can use it as a basic oatmeal cookie recipe and add whatever your family likes. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
This is by far my favorite Oatmeal Chocolate chip cookie recipe. Added 1/2 cup wheat germ for some healthiness. Froze what I did not use in logs & baked later. Great recipe!
Just like it says - crunchy outside, chewy inside. I've been searching for YEARS for this kind of oatmeal cookie and I've finally found it!! Don't hesitate - make 'em and eat 'em!!
I halved the recipe and added more chocolate chips. Now I wish I had made the full recipe. My family loves them. I had to tell my kids I had the cookies counted to keep them from eating them all in one night!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >