These delicious, nutritious cookies use lots of oatmeal. They're crisp on the outside and sweet, chewy inside.—Ruth Ann Stelfox, Raymond, Alberta
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Chill dough for 1 hour or until firm.
- Roll dough into 1-1/2 in. balls; place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 11-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: about 7 dozen.
Originally published as Oatmeal Chip Cookies in Taste of Home June/July 1994, p14
Reviews for Oatmeal Chip Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review