Oatmeal Chip Cookies
I made this recipe just before we showed our house. Not only did the people buy the house, but they requested the recipe.--Nancy Fridirici
48 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking
- powder and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in oats
- and chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking
- sheets. Bake at 350° for 11-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 135 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 88 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.