- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Chill dough for 1 hour or until firm.
- Roll dough into 1-1/2 in. balls; place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 11-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: about 7 dozen.
Reviews for Oatmeal Chip Cookies
Sort By :
"Very good! I didn't have time to chill the dough so I baked them as drop cookies. Turned out great."
"Great texture and flavor. I added Craisins for an extra touch."
"These cookies are very good. I cut this recipe in half and i was able to make around 40 cookies. I also added 1 teaspoon of cinnamon. I make sure to melt the butter and add a teaspoon of cornstarch for the perfect chewy cookie. I do this with regular chocolate chip cookies as well. It is also important to chill the dough. I will be making these again."
"This is the best recipe I've ever used. Chewy but holds together well. I halved the recipe except I still used 2 cups chocolate chips; substituted 1/2 butter & 1/2 olive oil for the all butter part of the recipe; I used a pinch of salt & slightly less sugar than recommended; I also added 1 cup of chopped pecans & used traditional oats. I've tried different recipes for years to find a good one since it is my favorite type of cookie and this is where I stop. I found the best one. Thanks Ruth. It's a keeper."
"Best Recipe ever"